Brian Copeland has been a fitness professional, kettlebell instructor, nutrition coach, sports performance coach, and martial arts instructor in the Aurora / Denver Colorado area since 2006 and has a wide body of experience and education in nutrition, metabolism, motivation, pain relief, neurophysiology, the science of habit change, athletic improvement, and combative self-defense.
Many moons ago Brian suffered from severe, and at times, debilitating lower back pain for roughly a decade due to 2 severe herniated discs. Thankfully Brian was introduced to a performance system named “Z-Health” and is now completely pain-free. Z-Health is now a regular part of his training and is used with his clients as well.
The majority of Brian’s clients are everyday men and women who desire to become leaner, healthier, more athletic, feel less pain and stiffness, and be happier with themselves.
Many are intelligent introverts looking for a place where they can feel welcome, free from judgement, and supported towards reaching their fitness goals.
He has also worked with professional athletes from MLB, NHL, PGA, boxing, MMA, Olympics, as well as amateur athletes in a variety of sports.
He also has specialized training in brain-based performance training and helps people with the following issues:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (runner’s knee, jumper’s knee, office worker’s knee, and theater knee)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Low back pain (sciatica)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Vision Improvement
- Hearing Improvement
- Chronic Pain Relief
- Vestibular (inner ear balance) issues
- Double Vision
- Chronic muscle tightness
- and random weird stuff
Professional Education & Experience
Trainer of Kettlebell Trainers
Brian was one of the first certified kettlebell instructors in Colorado (2005) and owns and operates Colorado’s first kettlebell gym.
The majority of certified kettlebell instructors in Colorado originally learned how to use kettlebells from Brian.
Brian continues to help aspiring kettlebell instructors prepare for their intense certification courses.
Media & Publications
Brian has appeared on a number of media outlets including Channel 2 News, Fox 31 News, Ski Magazine, The RKC Book of Strength & Conditioning, has written the book Seriously Strong Hands, and has been quoted in numerous magazines and online articles.
Brian is a lifelong martial artist and has trained with martial arts legend Paul Vunak, trained MMA with UFC fighters, ranked professional boxers, Olympic Judo grapplers, Olympic Tae Kwon Do medalists, SWAT officers, and more. He has torn 90 poker cards with his bare hands and now plays competitive indoor soccer.
- Z-Health Level 4 Exercise Therapy Specialist
- RKC Certified Russian Kettlebell Instructor – trained by Pavel Tsatsouline
- Z-Health 9S Structure (Neuro-Rehabilitation Specialist)
- Z-Health 9S Next Evolution course (Advanced Neuroscience)
- Z-Health Movement Reeducation Specialist
- Z-Health Movement Integration Specialist
- Z-Health Sports Movement Specialist
- Visual and Vestibular Integration Specialist
- Assistant Instructor, Russian Kettlebell Certification Course, October 2007 & June 2009
- Owns and Operates Colorado’s First Kettlebell Training Studio since 2006
- Sports Nutrition Advisor
- Progressive Fighting Systems Certified Instructor – trained by Paul Vunak
- Rapid Assault Tactics Certified Instructor
- Force Continuum for Law Enforcement Certified Instructor
- Jeet Kune Do Certified Instructor
- Advanced Combatives Handgun
- SWAT 101: Building/Room Clearing
Sign up below for videos and articles on nutrition, fat loss, strength training, and more.