What Is Z-Health?
Simply put Z-Health is a brain-based approach to fitness and health.
By focusing on your unique nervous system we can help you eliminate aches and pains, improve your posture, decrease muscle tension, increase your eyesight, and take your athletic performance to the highest level you desire.
Once you incorporate Z-Health into your life you will be hooked on the results!
What Can Z-Health Do for You?
While most of my clients come to train with me for fat loss, self-defense, fitness, etc. Most of them have some nagging injury or pain that prevents them from fully enjoying life or engaging in fitness or fun life activities that I help them fix.
Here is a short list of things I routinely help my clients with:
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tingling in Hands or Feet
- Balance Issues
- Chronic Muscle Tightness
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrom
- Carpal Tunnel
- Plantar Fasciitis
But don’t just limit yourself to getting rid of pain. These same techniques can be used to increase your strength, flexibility, vision, balance, and athletic performance.
What is a Z-Health Pain Relief / Injury Restoration Session Like?
- We always start off with an injury history discussion. Odds are you can find your current problem in a past injury that needs to be addressed.
- Next I will have you show me what the issues is, when it hurts, what you can’t do, etc.
- Then we use the scientific approach. We try a drill to see if it makes things better. If not we move on to a different drill until we find something that works.
- Then you are sent home with usually 1 to 2 drills that take about 15 – 30 seconds that you can do 3 – 5 times per day for the next week or two. This is usually enough to completely eliminate most issues.
Quick Science for the Geeks Out There
The aim of Z-Health is to decrease neural threat and sympathetic nervous system output and to increase sensory-motor coordination.
This helps the body shut down the brain-driven protective mechanisms of pain, tension, and weakness. It also increases brain-body awareness (proprioceptive, visual, and vestibular mapping). As a result we wind up with a smarter, better performing human athlete.
Z-Health targets your nervous system in various ways:
- Visual Skills Training
- Unique Balance Drills (vestibular system)
- Precise Joint Mobility Work
- Non-Traditional Strength Training
- Sensory-Motor Integration Training
- and so much more
What You Should Expect
You may have heard of people getting results in just minutes from targeted Z-Health drills. Does that really happen? Yes, it is not only possible it is expected. It only takes one movement to get you into pain and in many cases it will only take one movement to get you out of pain.
Now to set you up for success, while some people can completely fix an issue in one session, others may take several weeks and in rare cases it may take longer.
On average you will see improvement in pain and/or range of motion in your first session. Then if you follow your drills for about 1 – 2 weeks you will often be pain-free or have fully restored range of motion.
Depending on the nature of the pain or restriction you may need several drills assigned over several sessions.
If you have been told that you are just stuck with whatever pain or loss of range of motion you have for the rest of your life I’m sure you would agree that putting a little effort and time into it is worth it to become pain-free right?
As someone who suffered from roughly a decade of severe low-back pain and got out of it completely in a matter of weeks I fully encourage you to jump in with both feet and change your life! Contact me today to get started.