Jeet Kune Do Classes (All Levels)
Jeet Kune Do is a not a martial arts style but rather a concept or philosophy created by the late Bruce Lee. Bruce wanted martial arts to adapt to the person not the other way around.
In my Jeet Kune Do classes (JKD) we prepare you to deal with real-world violence. This is not fitness, traditional martial arts, or sport. You will learn to win against muggings, violent assaults, bullies, and more!
How You Progress in Jeet Kune Do
- First you learn the basics of awareness, being in position, knowing the 5 attack patterns you MUST see, and the 3 best targets to attack.
- Next you get repetitions in defending against attacks and then countering with your own unstoppable assault.
- Finally you are taught new moves, concepts, and tactics that allow you to become your own unique fighter.
What You Will Learn at My Jeet Kune Do Classes
- Fight on your feet
- Fight on the ground
- Fight with/against knives, clubs
- Fight with/against guns
- Fight with/against multiple attackers
- Size up any situation quickly
- Defeat the sucker punch
- Body language to deter most would-be attackers
- Pick the best targets to end the fight now
- Stay out of jail / legal trouble
- Develop quick decision making skills
- Walk with confidence
A Typical Evening at Our JKD Class Looks Like This
- Fist bumps as you walk in
- Group warm up for our joints
- Vision drills to improve peripheral vision and focus
- Partnered reaction-time drills to make you super quick
- Practice of core fighting skills (standing, ground, weapons, multiple attacker)
- Context-based scenarios
- Debrief real-life scenarios – what should you do in XYZ scenario
- Usually a fun fighting drill to wrap up
- Debrief the class, Q&A session
- Fist bumps all the way around!
Rules for Our JKD Class
- Don’t hurt people
- It’s ok to make mistakes, especially for beginners
- Have fun, laugh at Brian’s stupid jokes
- No egos, we are a team, together we help each other get better
- Dress comfortably (exercise clothing is best)
- No shoes (socks are optional)
- Cash or credit card preferred if paying at class
When Are the JKD Classes
- Wednesdays and Fridays from 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Contact Brian for prices and payment options
- As always contact Brian to discuss how to get started